Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Server upgrade complete

Thanks for everyone's patience throughout this needed server upgrade. It turned out to be pretty hellish, with both Ryan (my wonder tech guy) and I working till 3:30 this morning getting email back up and running. To make a long story short, all spam controls and even more importantly forwarding addresses were lost in the server switch. This means that anyone whose email is forwarded to say a gmail account temporarily stopped getting email this weekend. This was unexpected — GoDaddy had "never" seen this happen before (yeah, right). So Ryan and I had to add each one back in manually — over 300 email addys.

While doing that, we also forwarded any email that came to the new server from Sat-Mon to you each individually so that you didn't lose anything. You should have received what we forwarded, but if not -- if you feel like you might be missing email from those three days -- let me know and I can figure out how you can access it. Again, the vast majority of you should have zero problems at this point, so don't worry unnecessarily! [and note that anyone who gets email via webmail or an email client like Apple Mail was NOT affected]

However, if anything seems funky with your email, let me know and I'll do my best to respond quickly, but to say I've been inundated is a bit of an understatement. ;)

Last note: this was a very important upgrade — it was better to do this now while we were still functioning fine than waiting so long to upgrade that the server crashed and we lost everything! So even though it felt frustrating to many of you, and I have slept little in four days, I do believe this was worth it.

I appreciate all of you!

maddee
P.S. I will be sending one more email to those people who have regular (non-forwarded) email addresses.

No comments: